1) Orange County Online, Inc. ('Orange County Online') and its affiliates provide
Internet-related data services to users of Orange County Online’s
2) Orange County Online reserves the right, at its sole discretion, with or
without notice, to suspend or terminate service provided to any Customer
if the Customer or any person using the Customer’s services or facilities
under contract with Customer, directly or indirectly:
Violates the rules, regulations and policies applicable to any
network, server, computer database, web site or newsgroup that such
Sends unsolicited bulk mail messages to any other person;
Mail-bombs (i.e. sends mass amounts of e-mail or other data to) a
person or system, with the purpose or effect of impeding the functionality
of, or totally disabling the recipient system;
Posts ten (10) or more messages similar in content to Usenet or other
newsgroups, forums, e-mail mailing lists or other similar groups
Posts on any Usenet or other newsgroup, forum, e-mail mailing list or
other similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the
Uses services in a manner which constitutes a violation of any federal,
state, local or international law, regulation, treaty or tariff
(including without limitation civil and criminal law, state common law and
administrative or judicial rulings);
Uses services in a manner which is intended to abuse or to violate the
privacy or property rights of others;
Uses services to attempt to break security, or in fact, to break
security of any computer network, or to access an account which does not
belong to such person;
Forges e-mail headers, or employs any other methods in connection
with the transmission of e-mail used to disguise any user name or the
source or quantity of transmissions;
Without authority, relays e-mail through any third-party systems.
3) Orange County Online's Dialup Access Accounts
- Orange County Online, Inc. dialup accounts are intended for use
by the individual(s) registered in that account, and only one login
per account is permitted at one time.
2. Orange County Online, Inc. dialup accounts are intended for
interactive use. Attempts to circumvent the 'idle daemon' or time
charges accounting, are prohibited.
3. Orange County Online, Inc. accounts operate on shared resources
and are not intended for fulltime use. Customers are prohibited from
excessive consumption of session time (excessive use). Excessive
use is defined as a customer exceeding 200 hours in any given calendar
month. Customers will be billed for fulltime connections for excessive use.
Usage over 200 hours in a given calendar month will be billed at $0.20
4. Password security is the responsibility of the individual user. Good
passwords should be a minimum of six characters long, contain at least
one number or symbol, and are not based on any dictionary word or
common name. Customers may not share passwords or accounts
with others. Personal (free) web space provided by Orange County Online
to Dialup and ISDN access customers may be used for storing personal
(non-business) Web pages only.
4) Orange County Online services may only be used for lawful purposes.
Transmission of any material in violation of any federal or state regulation is
prohibited. This includes but is not limited to copyrighted material, material
legally judged to be threatening or obscene, or materials protected by
5) Customer must immediately notify Orange County Online of any unauthorized
use of an account, and/or any breach, or attempted breach, of security known
6) Orange County Online cooperates fully with federal and state enforcement
officials investigating unlawful behavior on Orange County Online’s system,
and Customers are required to do the same.
7) Orange County Online may elect, at its sole discretion, to monitor any or all
of the traffic routed through Orange County Online’s system. Orange County
Online reserves the right to block e-mail communication, including, but not
limited to, the right to block mass e-mail solicitations.
8) Nothing contained in this policy shall be construed to limit Orange County
Online’s actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing
activities, and Orange County Online reserves the right to take any and all
additional actions it may deem appropriate with respect to such activities,
including without limitation taking action to recover the costs and expenses
of identifying offenders and removing them from the Orange County Online
service and levying cancellation charges to cover Orange County Online’s
costs in the event of termination for the causes outlined above. In addition,
Orange County Online reserves at all times all rights and remedies available
to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
9) Orange County Online, Inc. reserves the right at it's Sole Discretion - with or without advance notice - to deny service to anyone at any time.
10) Violations of this policy shall be reported by phone to the Orange County Online
Network Operations Center at 888-626-6546
Please contact us for more info